[ Advertise your business on Media Source Africa ]
Finance & Funding
9th Dec 2016
visions sud est
'visions sud est supports film productions from Asia, Africa, Latin America and Eastern Europe, aims at making them visible worldwide and guarantees their distribution in Switzerland.
Applications close 28 February 2017
(a) Selection process:
Selected fictional or documentary film projects are submitted to a jury of experts. Projects must be selected unanimously; if necessary, the jury can ask for an independent opinion.
(b) There are two types of financial support:
Read the full article at visions sud est
- Support of the production of fictional films on the basis of documents attesting to the feasibility of the project (at the minimum 30% of the financing have to be already acquired before submitting a request).
- Support of the finishing (post-production) of fictional and documentary films on the basis of a first cut and a finishing concept.
- A fictional film project will be supported with a maximum of 50'000 Swiss francs for production or a maximum of 20'000 Swiss francs for post-production. A documentary will be supported with a maximum of 10'000 Swiss francs for post-production. This support entails the global distribution rights for Switzerland. The amount granted by the visions sud est fund for one single project may not exceed 10% of the fund's means.
- visions sud est is a partner of the Open Doors Factory programme of Locarno International Film Festival. Applicants may submit their projects to visions sud est as well as to Open Doors. Support by one of these organisations, however, excludes support from the other one.
- visions sud est is a member of the jury which awards the Prize Visions Sud Est in the framework of the Focus Talk at the Festival Visions du Réel in Nyon. A film which has been awarded the Prize Visions Sud Est cannot be submitted to the fund visions sud est. On the other hand, a film which has been supported by the fund visions sud est cannot be nominated for the Prize Visions Sud Est.
- The SDC (Swiss Agency for Developpment and Cooperation) is a partner of visions sud est. Applicants may submit their projects to visions sud est as well to a cooperation office of the SDC in the country of origin of the project. Support by one of these organisations, however, excludes support from the other one.
- a project application cannot be considered a second time in the same application category if it has been unsuccessful in a previous application round. Furthermore, a project can only obtain a support by visions sud est once. This means that if it has already been granted production support by visions sud est, an application for post-production support for the same project will not be considered.
- Decisions by the jury are irrevocable and announced without delay to the applicant, who cannot ask for any justification.
'visions sud est, film grants