[ Advertise your business on Media Source Africa ]
11th Jan 2017
ScreenCraft is excited to announce the opening of the 4th annual ScreenCraft Screenwriting Fellowship, featuring mentorship with Academy Award-winning screenwriters and producers. We're looking for emerging writers in TV or film who want to launch their screenwriting career with ongoing mentorship and industry relationships.
This 4th annual fellowship is designed to advance the careers of emerging screenwriters through ongoing consultation and introductions to key entertainment industry leaders.
The recipients will each receive a $1000 writing grant and an all-expenses-paid trip to Los Angeles for one-on-one screenplay development and mentorship with entertainment industry luminaries including:
- Lynda Obst: iconic film producer of such beloved films as SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE, THE FISHER KING, HOW TO LOSE A GUY IN TEN DAYS and INTERSTELLAR, as well as such TV shows as HOT IN CLEVELAND and HELIX
- Geoffrey Fletcher: Academy Award-winning screenwriter of Best Picture winner PRECIOUS and writer-director of VIOLET & DAISY
- Diana Ossana: Academy Award-winning screenwriter of BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN
- Robert Moresco: award-winning screenwriter of CRASH and producer of MILLION DOLLAR BABY
- Kristina Reed: Academy Award-winning producer of Disney’s FEAST, as well as numerous worldwide blockbusters including KUNG FU PANDA and BIG HERO 6.
- James V. Hart: award-winning screenwriter of HOOK, directed by Steven Spielberg, BRAM STOKER’S DRACULA, directed Francis Ford Coppola, and CONTACT, directed by Robert Zemeckis.
Last year the Fellowship received more than 2,000 applicants from around the world. Recent recipients of the ScreenCraft Fellowship have gone on to secure agents and managers at top companies including Anonymous Content, Paradigm Talent Agency, 3Arts Entertainment, Kaplan/Perrone and ICM.
ScreenCraft is a screenplay discovery platform and screenwriting education company based in Los Angeles and dedicated to helping screenwriters and filmmakers advance their careers through contests, consulting, events and career development.
The 4th annual ScreenCraft Screenwriting Fellowship’s presenting sponsor isWriterDuet, the industry’s most advanced screenwriting software with real-time collaboration and infinite, automatic revision tracking.
The final deadline for applications is January 15th 2017.
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION HERE
Read the full article at Screencraft
screenwriting, scriptwriting, Screencraft, ScreenCraft Fellowship