Title vertical a552764f65769778c1164391e904ac5866bea7780fe522a580011feaae62745c

Free Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter and receive daily news on the African media industry.

[ Advertise your business on Media Source Africa ]

Twitter Launches New Monetization Feature With Pre-Rolls On Periscope

[ Advertise your business on Media Source Africa ]

Social Media 31st Mar 2017 tubefilter


Twitter has announced a new monetization opportunity for video publishers via pre-roll ads that can appear before Periscope live streams.

The ads will function much in the same way as traditional video ads on Twitter, according to a company blog post, and will tout a “brand-safe” component in that campaigns must be designed through Twitter’s Amplify program, in which marketers can choose to run against premium content from publishers like MTV and the NFL. Given the boycott that YouTube is facing after brands discovered that ads were running against extremist content, this means that Periscope ads, for now, will only appear ahead of high-profile events broadcast by top-tier publishers, such as award shows and sports matches.

Longer pre-roll ads will be able to be skipped, reports The Verge, and publishers will reportedly take a 70% cut of any ad revenues with Twitter pocketing the remaining 30%, according to Recode.

Read the full article at tubefilter

social media, Twitter, Periscope

Related Content

Spotify now does videos and podcasts

Spotify now does videos and podcasts

Spotify is no longer just a music service. The company has shared its new goal of finding the perfect content to accompany every moment in your day.

22nd May 2015

YouTube launches 60fps live streaming in quest to take on Twitch

YouTube launches 60fps live streaming in quest to take on Twitch

YouTube has made several moves to take on Twitch, the biggest name in video game live streaming, and today the company is rolling out another key feature to improve its service: live streams that run at 60 frames per second

22nd May 2015

Comments

Log in and be the first person to leave a comment.