The Call for Projects 2017
of the Venice Gap-Financing Market has been launched on March 2017
and the deadline for sending the required material is: May 3, 2017
The Venice Gap-Financing Market is a platform to support European and international producers in securing the final financing of their projects through one-to- one meetings with potential and pertinent international professionals (producers, sales agents, distributors, financiers, broadcasters and funds). All the invited professionals are decision-makers.
For this 3-day event our team of professionals will select 47 European and International projects:
• Film: 15/18 feature films from all over the world.
There is no genre limitation and it’s open to animation feature films.
• Documentary: 7/10 international narrative or creative feature documentaries will be selected.
• TV Series: 4/5 European projects .
• Web Series: 3 European projects .
• Virtual Reality: 7/8 VR projects from all over the world.
• Biennale College Cinema/Virtual Reality: 7 VR films developed through the program of Biennale College Cinema
A tailor-made initiative of this kind requests a real confidentiality for the producers and the partners already in place and the Catalogue detailing each project will then be emailed to the registered professionals by the beginning of July, to entitle them to request 30-minute one-to-one meeting with the producers of the selected projects.
The Venice Gap-Financing Market will set up these meetings in accordance with the availability of the participants and meetings slots. Each participant will receive a personalized meeting schedule a few days before the event.
The Venice Gap-Financing Market main terms and conditions are:
For Films and Documentary:
• The project must be a fiction feature film or a long feature documentary
with a running time above 60 minutes and intended for theatrical distribution.
• The projects must be looking for a maximum of 30% gap-financing and we will prioritize the ones looking for a European partner.
• There is no budget or genre limitation but each project must have secured 70% (seventy per cent) of its budget and must prove that this financing is in place. The film can be in development, partly or entirely shot.
For TV series and Web Series:
• The projects must be fictional dramas without any genre, tone or content restriction regardless of whether the content is intended for linear or non-linear viewing
• The projects can be both original concepts and adaptations. Only the fictional dramas will be accepted, including animation series, but not documentary series.
• There is no budget limitation but should be in development and eventually have secured 30% (thirty per cent) of its budget and must prove that this financing is in place.
For Virtual Reality Projects:
· The VR film projects must be fiction, documentary, series, animation film or other interactive installation based experiences.
· The minimum length must be 10 minutes.
· The projects can be both original concept and adaptation.
· There is no budget limitation. Each project should be preferably in a development phase but films already partially or totally shot are also acceptable
· All submitted projects should have secured 30% (thirty per cent) at least of their budget and must prove that this financing is in place.
The Project Team
• Directors must have previous directing experience (short films, features, TV movies, series...)
• Producers must have a track record in production and international co-production.
For further information please contact: email@example.com
Read the full article at La Biennale