The Kwazulu-Natal Film Commission will from time to time and at its discretion publish a call to invite filmmakers to submit projects that follow a specific theme or subject. The projects are to be of high production value and have a clear distribution plan. The call for projects will be designed to address specific needs such as:
• Documenting the history and heritage of the province of KwaZulu-Natal.
• Documenting and profiling South African historical Icons.
• Any theme or topic that the KZNFC at its discretion deems necessary to commission content to address a specific social, historical or national theme and topic.
The amounts allocated to these projects will be dependent on the magnitude of the project, and availability of funds.
The KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission is proud to announce its first call for proposals for Commissioned content. The call is specific to the following:
• Documenting Zulu culture
• Documenting Zulu heritage
• Profile heroes, and heroines and legends of the province
• Adaptations of novels from a KwaZulu-Natal Author
• Profiling South African Historical Icons
The content should portray the subject matter in a credible and authentic manner.
Projects should be submitted in the following manner:
• A one-page synopsis.
• A one-page biography of the key creatives in the production team.
• A one-page treatment or additional information on the project.
• Examples of previous work.
The projects can be in the Concept, Development or Pre-Production phase.
Projects are to be submitted to the KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission by 03 November 2017.
Successful projects will be notified by 30 November 2017.
Jackie Motsepe – JackieM@kwazulunatalfilm.co.za
Simphiwe Ngcobo – SimphiweN@kwazulunatalfilm.co.za
Tel: +27 31 325 0200
Read the full article at Kwazulu Natal Film Commission