[ Advertise your business on Media Source Africa ]
16th Nov 2017
Durban International Film Festival
The KwaZulu-Natal (KZN) provincial government has through the promulgation of The KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission (KZNFC) Act number 3 of 2010 identified the need to support the establishment of as structured and competitive film and TV industry in the province. The Act established the KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission to implement the mandate of the Provincial Government.
It is well documented that the film industry within the KwaZulu-Natal Province consists of predominantly emerging filmmakers with low skills base and limited permanent employment. The objective of this program is to develop a holistic 3 years industry transformation initiative that will facilitate the creation of a sustainable film and TV industry in KZN. The program is geared towards medium term focused human capital development of previously advantaged individuals to increase their meaningful participation towards senior positions and delivering high quality, high value productions.
The KZN Film Industry Transformation Initiative (FITI) aims to increase specialized skills in key areas of the industry value chain that will remain as residents in the province and become the core team that service local and international productions.
- Applicants must be in a possession of a recognized NQF level 6 qualification.
- Graduates from qualifying institutions of higher learning outside the province may be accepted, provided they were born in the province.
- Applicants must have the ability and commitment to working in the identified scarce skills areas.
- Consideration will be made for previously disadvantaged individuals (PDIs) and female graduates.
- Graduates must have graduated within the past 3 academic years and less than 30 years of age.
- Key considerations for acceptance in the FITI include:
- At least 50% of graduates to be from KZN film schools.
- Bias towards graduates from rural and informal settlements.
- Commitment to a 3-year graduate learnership programme.
Download the APPLICATION FORM HERE
Read the full article at Durban International Film Festival
Durban International Film Festival, DIFF, The Film Industry Transformation Initiative, FITI