[ Advertise your business on Media Source Africa ]
Copywriter [EE Only]
Talent Magnet | Digital Recruitment
Applications must be submitted no later than 23rd Aug 2017.
Our client is a full service, integrated advertising agency located in Cape Town, and is one of South Africa’s largest independently-owned agencies. The agency’s extensive client base includes leading brands such as Shoprite/Checkers, Ackermans, PUMA, Spur Group, Capitec and Distell, to name a few. We are looking for talented Copywriters to join our team.
Summary of main duties include but not limited to:
- Translating the brief and the strategic requirements into a compelling creative solution,
- Presentation of work to the Creative Group Head and/or Creative Director
- Together with an Art Director, generate effective, innovative and compelling creative concepts for individual ads or campaigns based on sound strategies
- Pro-actively identify creative trends and opportunities
- Direct and produce effective, impactful and compelling advertising that reflects insight into the task, the brand and the target market
- Write copy and scripts for electronic / digital media
- Direct radio towards a high quality final product
- Take ownership of your tasks and actively manage the creative process to progress towards deadline
- Writing and production for radio
Minimum Relevant Experience and Skills required
- 4+ years copywriting experience within an agency
- Conceptual and exceptional advertising ability
- A portfolio that reflects creative copywriting proficiencies
- Flair for writing imaginative, broad, intrusive, creative and original work
- Understanding of advertising as a selling tool
- Capability to take on campaigns with multi-element tasks which requires a concept and a thought through process
- Accept guidance and respond well to criticism
- Resilient – can accept setbacks
- Finely honed copywriting skills and latest techniques
- Have a great sense of humour
- Must demonstrate creative insight and brilliance for client solutions across all media platforms.
- Detail-obsessed big thinker, passionate and hard-working, self-motivated team player with the ability to grasp a client’s strategy and brand, and deliver beautiful, insightful, polished work
- Ideally a degree/diploma in Copywriting or Journalism
- Be proficient in Powerpoint/Keynote, MS Word
Kindly submit link to portfolio along with concise CV. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within two weeks of your application, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Please adhere to our dedicated recruitment process. We remain committed to the principles of employment equity.
This job was listed on 10th Aug 2017 by Media Source Africa.
Copywriter [EE Only], Talent Magnet | Digital Recruitment